The log drum, also called Slit Drum, is an idiophone usually carved in wood or
constructed in a resonant wooden box. On the surface there are some woodden tongues that
can be struct to play a simple melody.
Our instrument is a “vintage” version of the most common log drum in commerce. It was
used for years before we could get our hands on it. Some toungues were not perfectly in tune,
and there was a small crack on a tongue that made the instrument to “sizzle” on strong beats.
But… we felt its sound lovely and authentic and we hope you will enjoy its sound too.
- 55 Mb NCW compressed sample pool
- 258 samples
- 2 different playing “beaters”: mallet and fingers
- 4 velocity layers layers for fingers
- 7 velocity layers for mallets
- 3x Round Robin
- Equalizer, Reverb with custom IRs
- Full velocity control
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready